#Easydinnerrecipesforfamilywithkids #Freezermealsfornewmoms #Healthyfreezermeals #Beefstewfreezermeal #Healthydinnerrecipesforfamily #Crockpotrecipes #Chickentetrazzinirecipes #Creamofchickensouprecipes #Creamofmushroomsouprecipes #Recipeswithsteak #Linguinerecipeschicken #Casseroleswithchicken
- 230 g (8 oz) ziti or penne or similar pasta
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (oregano, basil and thyme)
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp red wine, optional
- 2 cups water
- salt, black pepper
- 1 cup (230 g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (60 g) mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 small egg
- OPTIONAL STEP: Soak ziti pasta in salty water while you're preparing the sauce (to shorten cooking time).
- Saute onion in olive oil and butter until soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, wine, sugar and seasonings and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, add it together with 2 cups water to tomato sauce in the pot. Bring to boil, cover and cook on low boil, stirring from time to time, until pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and egg. Season with salt. Stir half of the mixture into pasta and dollop remaining on top.
- Transfer the pan to the 500 F (260 C) preheated oven. Bake One Pot Baked Ziti with Ricotta until cheese has melted and starts browning, about 5 minutes.