- 1 1/2 c oats
- 1 1/2 c almond meal
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c vegan butter
- 1 c lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 4 tbsp. cornflour
- 1/2 c rice malt syrup
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- zest of 2 lemons
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly butter a 25cm round tart pan.
- Add your oats to a high speed blender or food processor, and mix until it forms a flour.
- Add almond meal, sugar and salt. Pulse a couple of times to combine them with the oat flour.
- Add butter by small spoonfuls, and pulse until it forms a dough. It should stay together if pressed between your fingers.
- Press the dough into a tart pan. Using a fork, prick the base several times. Bake for 12-14 minutes. It should still be lightly coloured. Let cool.
- Pour the lemon juice into a medium pot. Add the cornflour and whisk until smooth.
- Turn the heat on low to medium. Add rice malt syrup, coconut oil and zest to the pot. Stir frequently, making sure to scrape the bottom so it doesn''t stick. Once it starts to thicken, add the coconut milk. Again, stir frequently until it starts to thicken again and reaches a curd consistency.
- Let cool slightly before pouring into the tart shell. Set for at least 2 1/2 - 3 hours in the fridge. Leave overnight for a firmer texture as above.
- 2 c canned coconut milk
Recipe Source by LEMON CURD TART @ amylecreations