Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (Vegan + GF)
#Veganrecipesdessert #Veganglutenfreerecipes #Veganpumpkincinnamonrolls #Vegancheesecakebars #Vegansweets #Veganfoods #Vegandesserts #Veganfoods #Vegansweets #Veganeating #Veganbaking #Veganglutenfree
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 6 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from one 13.5-oz can)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, cardamom, ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Place them in a blender with the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, spices, and salt. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. The cream will be very thin, it’s okay, it will firm up in the refrigerator.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together oat flour, rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Pour in the almond milk, pumpkin purée, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Then, stir in the apple cider vinegar and whisk again. The batter should have the texture of pancake batter.
- Scoop out about 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1-inch between the cakes and spread slightly with a spoon (see photo). I had enough batter to fill 3 baking sheets.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until the tops appear dry and slightly cracked. The cakes should spring back when pressed. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Once the cakes are cooled, turn half of them upside-down and pipe or spread about 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of the chai filling onto them. Top with the rest of the cakes and press down slightly.
- Whoopie pies are best served the same day but will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can eat them straight from the refrigerator, or leave at room temperature for 15 minutes if you prefer a creamier filling.
Recipe Adapted : here