This lemon pepper chicken with butter sauce is a simple recipe thats's ready in just 20 minutes , this perfect dinner for a busy weeknight..
One thing to take note of: all lemon pepper seasoning is not created equal. When I purchased my lemon pepper for this recipe, I read the ingredients of 4 different brands and they varied quite a bit. Some lemon pepper brands contain salt, others use citric acid instead of actual lemon peel, and some even use yellow food coloring! I recommend looking for a more natural ingredient list, to me citric acid isn’t a great substitute for real lemon peel.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
This recipe for lemon pepper chicken with butter sauce is a simple recipe that's ready in just 20 minutes! The perfect dinner for a busy weeknight.
- 4 thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning or more to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Mix together the flour, lemon pepper seasoning and salt to taste. Pour the flour mixture onto a plate or into a shallow bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan, and whisk in the lemon juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe Source : LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN @ dinneratthezoo