Fathead dough is a popular low carb dough that has revolutionized pizza. It is used in many savory and sweet applications like these keto fathead sugar cookies. Save this recipe for the holidays, you will be glad you did!
If you eat keto or low carb you have most likely heard of fathead dough and have become a super huge fan. If you’re new and haven’t heard of it- let me introduce you… Fathead dough started with pizza. A low carb or keto way to get your pizza fix in far less than carbs than normal pizza crust. We are talking like maybe 2 net carbs per slice compared to about 40.
Keto Fathead Sugar Cookies Recipe
Fathead dough is a popular low carb dough that has revolutionized pizza. It is used in many savory and sweet applications like these keto fathead sugar cookies.
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 3 tbsp Real Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Melt cream cheese and mozzarella in a small bowl, microwaved for 1 minute. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl cream butter, sweetener, vanilla and egg whites. Add baking powder and almond flour, continue mixing. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add cream cheese mixture to the flour mixture. Stir. Hand work dough until fully combined Shape into a ball. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape into a cylinder (like store bought cookie dough) , refrigerate 30 mins.
- Cut into 12 slices. Bake on 350 in a preheated oven for 15-18 mins.
- Cool on rack. Serve!
Recipe Adapted : KETO FATHEAD SUGAR COOKIES @ howtothisandthat