Ready in less than 30 minutes, the cauliflower bakes twice in the oven. The cauliflower first goes in with some dry seasonings and gets roasted just enough and then tossed with the wing sauce and butter (coconut oil works great for vegan option). The reason for baking twice is, you don’t want the wings to get soggy and this helps prevent sogginess from happening. I must insist one thing for your cauliflower buffalo bites; be sure to use Frank’s Buffalo Style Hot Sauce for the recipe. It makes all the Buffalo Wing difference!
CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO BITES RECIPE
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites are so tasty and full of the perfect Buffalo chicken wing goodness without all the bad fat from the wing skins.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter. Use coconut oil for vegan option
- 1/2 to *3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce or other hot wing sauce of choice
- Other: 1 gallon or larger size plastic bag
- *I probably use about 2/3 cup of hot sauce and they have just enough heat.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets into plastic bag. Drizzle olive oil over florets to barely coat.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Close bag and toss ingredients around so all florets are coated.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan and bake on middle rack for 15 minutes, turning florets once during baking. Check them at the 10 minute mark for desired tenderness. You don't want them to be soggy!
- Remove florets from oven. Melt butter in medium glass bowl. Add hot sauce to butter. Toss cauliflower and stir to cover all florets with hot sauce. Start with about half the sauce and add more to your taste.
- Return to oven and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with any dip you like, ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dip.
Recipe Adapted : CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO BITES @ delishfood